Kedarkantha Trek Highlights
Kedarkantha is a trek blushing with beauty, giving photographers a perfect opportunity to capture the snow falling from the pine trees that looks like magic dust
The ‘I rule the world’ pose at the top of Kedarkantha Summit will make a wonderful profile pic and with stunning views in the backdrop, it will make your friends jealous too!
Experience the lovely campsites, where every site is unique in its own way and does not match the beauty with any other campsites in the journey
Get a chance to camp around frozen Juda ka Talab where was once a place for meditation of Lord Shiva
Experience walking in the middle of the night in, the head torches lighting the way and watching the sunrise from the top of a mountain before you reach Summit
Kedarkantha Trek Overview
About the Kedarkantha Trekking:
Kedarkantha is such a popular winter trek that it would be apt to entitle it as the Queen of Winter kedarkantha Trek in december. Knee-deep snow in winters, mesmerizing view from the top, and beautiful and easy trails make it popular among trekkers. The ‘easy on endurance’ trail goes through the thick pine forests of Govind National Park. The views from the top are worth climbing to an altitude of 12,500 ft.
Kedarkantha trek will give you an inimitable view of the cosmic sky, lush meadows, snow paths, charming villages, scented pine forest, sky-knocking peaks, tranquil rivers, and some mythological story whispers.
Kedarkantha Trekking Quick Facts:
Start/ End Point of the Trek: Sankri village
Kedarkantha Trek Distance: 20 km
Kedarkantha Trek Height: 12,500 ft
Kedarkantha Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Kedarkantha Trek Temperature: Day (8°C to 15°C) and Night: (-5°C to 3°C)
Best Time to do Kedarkantha Trekking: November to April
Railway Station: Dehradun is the nearest railway station
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
Top Destinations of INDIA
Kedarkantha Trek Itinerary
- Bid farewell to the beautiful Juda Ka Talab campsite and begin your descent towards Sankri.
- Follow your trek guide and the same trail you took on your way up, but this time, you’ll be going downhill.
- Take your time and be cautious while descending, especially on steep or icy sections.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty and the sounds of nature as you make your way down.
- Meet the representative in Sankri who will take you to Dehrand
- Meet the representative at the Dehradun Railway Station/ Bus Stand who will take you to Sankri for an overnight stay.
- Start your trek from Sankri village. You’ll meet your kedarkantha peak trek guide and fellow trekkers.
- The trail begins with a gradual ascent through a forested path. Enjoy the fresh mountain air and the sounds of nature.
- You’ll pass through picturesque meadows and small streams. Keep an eye out for colourful birds and wildlife.
- Reach Juda Ka Talab, a serene and beautiful lake, by late afternoon.
- Begin your trek towards the Kedarkantha Base Camp.
- The trail involves a steep climb, so take it slow and steady. Your trek guide will be there to assist and guide you.
- As you ascend, you’ll pass through dense forests, and if you’re trekking during the winter months, you may encounter snow.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys as you make your way up.
- Start your trek in the dark with the help of your headlamp. The initial trail is steep and demanding.
- Follow your experienced trek guide and fellow trekkers as you make your way towards the Kedar Kantha Summit.
- The trail will be icy and snowy, so be cautious with every step. Use trekking poles if needed.
- As the sun begins to rise, you’ll witness a mesmerizing sunrise from the summit.
- Reach the summit of Kedar Kantha and savour the breathtaking 360-degree views of the surrounding peaks and valleys.
- Spend some time at the summit, soaking in the beauty and serenity of the Himalayas and then descend back to the Kedarkantha Base Camp and then to Juda Ka Talab.
- The descent can be equally challenging, especially on icy slopes, so follow your guide’s instructions closely.